December 3 2010
In November, Nature's Sunshine asked its Facebook fans to submit an allergy-free recipe. The following recipe was submitted by the winner, Carrie Burgan, who won one month's worth of several digestion supplements. Congratulations Carrie!
3 c plus 3 T gluten free puffed cereal (rice, millet, etc.)
3 T flax seed
4-5 T dried berries or other dried fruit, chopped coarsely
1/4 T sea salt
1/4 c seeds or nuts (optional, but if omitted add extra fruit)
1/4 c plus 3 T brown rice syrup
1 T oil (your preference)
3 T gluten-free flour
1) Place cereal into a large mixing bowl.
2) Using low heat, warm oil and syrup.
3) Add all ingredients (minus cereal) to oil and syrup mixture and quickly stir.
4) Add mixture to cereal and quickly stir, coating all cereal grains.
5) Put into lightly oiled 9x9 pan, patting evenly.
6) Refrigerate 2 hours, then slice into bars
7) Eat! Then wrap leftovers individually.
Yield approximately 16 bars