Keeping personally identifiable information secure is a top priority for Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc. ("NSP," "we," "us," or "our"). This privacy statement outlines our views and practices and how they pertain to you as a visitor to www.naturessunshine.com (the "Site"). Please check back periodically, as these policies may change and your subsequent use of the Site will be deemed acceptance of such changes. However, our fundamental commitment to protecting visitors' privacy will not change.
1. Collection of Information
- Information You Volunteer. We only collect personally identifiable information you voluntarily provide while using our services, such as name, mailing address, email address, telephone number and payment card data. You may always choose not to provide us with information. However, we may not be able to provide you with the services you have requested. Visitors may access the Site without disclosing personally identifiable information.
- Information Collected Automatically. We do not automatically log personally identifiable information nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personally identifiable information about specific individuals. However, we may record non-personally identifiable information that becomes available to us through your use of the Site, including, without limitation, the number of visitors and frequency of visits to the Site. This information may include the websites that you access immediately before and after the Site, the Internet browser you use, and your IP address. If we use this information, it is only on an aggregate basis.
- Do Not Track Requests. Web browsers may allow you to send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic, which would enable anonymous browsing of the Site. We honor Do Not Track requests from web browsers. However, anonymous browsing may prevent us from providing you with full functionality of the Site.
2. Use of Information
We use the information we collect on the Site to provide you with the services you have requested, to serve you with content, and to enhance your overall experience while visiting the Site. You may subscribe to email lists and request that we refer you to a NSP Independent Representative (defined below) who can provide you with more information about how to purchase NSP products and become a NSP Independent Representative. If you purchase NSP products or become a NSP Independent Representative, we will also use your personally identifiable information to (1) provide services to you (such as processing orders and calculating and paying commissions); (2) support and improve the services you render to customers and downline Distributors; (3) provide you with additional services; and (4) ensure compliance with legal obligations. In furtherance of these purposes, NSP may share your information with its parent company in the United States and its subsidiaries located in other countries. We do not collect or use personal data for any other purposes but if we wish to do so, we always obtain your consent first.
3. Sharing Information with Third Parties
NSP may use internal and external service providers to operate the Site and perform other work on our behalf in the course of providing you with services you have requested. These service providers may have access to your personally identifiable information, but are contractually bound to use your information only for the purpose of performing their duties. Some of these service providers may be established in countries that offer less privacy protection than your country of residence.
NSP does not currently sell, trade or rent your personal information to any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes. We value your privacy and will not jeopardize our relationship with you by selling your information to solicitors without your prior consent.
NSP may, however, share your personally identifiable information to fulfill our legal obligations in response to a request from the government or private parties in connection with a lawsuit, subpoena, investigation or similar proceeding, to respond to a matter of personal or public safety, to investigate security incidents, to protect our interests, rights and property, or in the event of a sale or transfer of assets, or in the context of similar business negotiations.
4. Security of Information
NSP takes administrative, technical and physical measures to help ensure that your personally identifiable information remains accurate, timely and secure. However, no data transmission over the Internet, or through an electronic database, is guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we strive to protect your information through the following steps, we cannot guarantee or warrant its security:
- NSP uses Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to ensure a secure connection whenever transmitting or receiving personal information. With SSL, information transmitted between two computers via the Internet is sent in an encrypted format so that only the sending and receiving computers can decode it. SSL ensures that no one intercepts any of your personal information while it is being transferred to us. A secure connection is maintained until the checkout process is either completed or canceled.
- NSP restricts access to personally identifiable information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to perform their jobs. They are obligated to respect the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information and may be disciplined or terminated for failing to meet these obligations.
5. Data Integrity & Access or Corrections
NSP will keep personally identifiable information in active files or systems as long as necessary in order to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required to perform our contractual relationship with our customers and NSP Independent Representatives. We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate and complete and will update or correct your information as needed when notified by you.
6. Independent Representative Organizational Data
NSP is a direct sales organization that distributes our products through a network of Members, Distributors and Managers known as "Independent Representatives". You may place an order through your Independent Representative, or directly with NSP and NSP will share your information with your Independent Representative in order to process your order. Each customer may choose how to place an order and how to be contacted when placing an order.
An Independent Representative who introduces a new Independent Representative to the NSP business is known as a Sponsor and Sponsors may build their own independent sales organizations. To assist Independent Representatives with their businesses, NSP provides Sponsors with their organizational reports that contain their customer and Independent Representative personally identifiable information and business data, including, but not limited to, name, address, NSP identification number, telephone number, email address, fax number, level or rank within the NSP marketing plan, and volume and sales statistics. These reports are provided to Independent Representatives in the strictest confidence and for the sole purpose of developing their NSP businesses and constitute the confidential, proprietary trade secrets of NSP. Some NSP Representatives may live in countries that offer less privacy protection than your country of residence.
The Site is a general audience website and is not designed or targeted at children. NSP does not knowingly collect, use or disseminate any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware of personally identifiable information regarding a child under the age of 13, we will use such information for the sole purpose of contacting a parent or guardian to obtain verifiable parental consent. If we cannot do so after a reasonable period of time, we will make reasonable efforts to delete it from our records. Upon request from the parent or guardian, we will provide a description of the specific types of personally identifiable information that may have been collected.
8. Third-Party Links
9. Safe Harbor Statement
NSP and its U.S. affiliate entities comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personally identifiable information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. NSP has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access, and Enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view NSP's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/. E.U. or Swiss data subjects who have questions or complaints regarding NSP's transfer or treatment of their personally identifiable information may file a complaint with NSP at the contact information below. To the extent that any E.U. or Swiss data subject is not satisfied with the results of an internal complaint review process, they may file a complaint with our chosen independent recourse mechanism, the International Centre for Dispute Resolution® of the American Arbitration Association® (ICDR/AAA).
10. Questions and Complaints
NSP takes your privacy seriously. If you believe we have not complied with this privacy statement, please contact us so we can investigate your complaint.
Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc.
Chief Privacy Officer
2500 West Executive Parkway, Suite #100
Lehi, Utah 84043
Please summarize the nature of your question in the subject line of any email you send.
Thank you for reviewing this policy.
Effective Date: September 28, 2015