Loading page, please wait...
Zerenity (30 Caps)
Stock No. 1167
- Product Guide
- Product Label
- Key Scientific Studies
- Helps to temporarily promote relaxation and metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- Helps to maintain proper muscle function, healthy skin, immune function, connective tissue formation and normal growth.
How It Works:
Zerenity is formulated to help those experiencing acute stress and nervousness to find quick, temporary relaxation and calm. Zerenity is formulated around the patented botanical ingredient known as Zembrin®, or Sceletium tortuosum, a South African herb with more than 300 years of documented indigenous use to support the nervous system and produce feelings of calm and relaxation in healthy people. NSP’s Zerenity formula also contains the amino acid L-theanine, vitamin B1, magnesium,and zinc as supportive ingredients.
Medicinal Ingredients: Each capsule contains L-theanine 52 mg; magnesium (citrate) 40 mg; Sceletium tortuosum (sceletium) herb top 25 mg of a 2:1 extract; vitamin B1 (thiamine mononitrate) 5 mg and zinc (gluconate) 1 mg. Non-medicinal Ingredients:cellulose, gelatin, magnesium stearate (vegetable).
Dosage (adults):Take one capsule once daily with food. Take a few hours before or after taking other medications.
CAN I TAKE ZERENTIY IF I’M ALREADY TAKING ANOTHER NSP PRODUCT FOR STRESS AND ANXIOUSNESS?
No side effects have been reported from taking Zerenity with other NSP products for stress and anxiousness.
IS ZEMBRIN A NATURAL INGREDIENT?
Yes, Zembrin is a patented, standardized and clinically studied extract of Sceletium tortuosum, a plant that grows in South Africa. It is also called kanna.
HOW SOON CAN I EXPECT ZERENTIY TO START WORKING?
Most people who have taken this product reported that it works within an hour, however individual results may vary.
CAN I TAKE ZERENTIY IF I AM ALREADY TAKING A PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION?
As with all nutritional supplements, we recommend that you consult your physician prior to taking Zerenity.
Key Scientific Studies
- Nell H., Siebert M., Chellan P., and Gericke N. A Randomized, Double-Blind, Parallel-Group, Placebo-Controlled Trial of Extract Sceletium tortuosum (Zembrin) in Healthy Adults. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 18, 1-7 (2002).
- Chiu S, Farmina-Woodbury M, Cernovsky Z, Bureau Y, Hou J, Raheb, H, Terpstra K, Badmeav, V, Gericke N. The effect of extract Sceletium tortuosum (Zembrin®), targeting Phosphodiesterase subtype-4 (PDE-4), on cognitive function: a proof-of-concept randomized double-blind, single site, placebocontrolled cross-over study in healthy adults. Manuscript in preparation for submission.
- Terburg D, Syal S, Rosenberger LA, Heany S, Phillips N, Gericke N, Stein DJ, van Honk J. Acute effects of (Zembrin®), a dual 5-HT reuptake and PDE4 inhibitor, in the human amygdala and its connection to the hypothalamus. Manuscript in preparation for submission.
- Ritsner MS, Miodownik C, Ratner Y, Shleifer T, Mar M, Pintov L, Lerner V. L-theanine relieves positive, activation, and anxiety symptoms in patients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder: an 8-week, randomized, doubleblind, placebo-controlled, 2-center study. J Clin Psychiatry. 72, 34-42 (2011).
- Tian X, Sun L, Gou L, Ling X, Feng Y, Wang L, Yin X, Liu Y. Protective effect of l-theanine on chronic restraint stress-induced cognitive impairments in mice. Brain Res. 1503, 24-32 (2013).
- Singewald, N., Sinner, C., Hetzenauer, A., Sartori, SB, Murck, H. Magnesium-deficient diet alters depression- and anxiety-related behavior in mice—influence of desipramine and Hypericum perforatum extract. Neuropharmacology. 47, 1189–1197 (2004).
- Sawada, T, Yokoi, K. Effect of zinc supplementation on mood states in young women: a pilot study. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 64, 331–333 (2010).
- Page, MG, Ankoma-Sey, V., Coulson, WF & Bender, D. Brain glutamate and gamma-aminobutyrate (GABA) metabolism in thiamin-deficient rats. The British Journal of Nutrition. 62, 245–253 (1989).