You just finished one of the best holiday meals featuring too many comfort foods. The feeling of a balloon swelling in your stomach is starting to get uncomfortable. There’s no need to feel guilty because you should enjoy your food. But, sometimes you need a little extra help. Digestive enzymes are a great way to help the body breakdown foods while increasing nutrient absorption. As we age, enzyme production tends to slow down, making Food Enzymes a great addition to your meal.
- Supplements the body’s production of important enzymes
- Provides a special blend of enzymes to digest proteins, carbohydrates, and fats
- Helps relieve occasional indigestion
INGREDIENTS & HOW IT WORKS
Food Enzymes provide a powerful, targeted blend that breaks food down into smaller bits for easier absorption into the bloodstream. Pepsin aids in the pre-digestion of proteins like meat, eggs, and dairy.
Other nutrients in this blend include:
- Betaine Hydrochloride & Bile creates an acidic environment to facilitate the activity of pepsin.
- Pancreatin supports the pancreas.
- Alpha amylase digests starches.
- Bile salts make fat soluble.
Revisit high school Biology…
The suffix –ase is used in the names of all enzymes. For example, lactase breaks down lactose, the sugar found in milk. Enzymes are catalysts—they work to speed up chemical reactions by accepting the product like a lock to a key. It breaks the substance down and then releases the processed substance back. It’s important to have a variety of enzymes to ensure that a variety of food is properly digested.
FEEL GREAT ABOUT FEELING GOOD
Even if you don’t overeat, enzymes are still a great supplement to keep on hand. Oftentimes, they can help you digest foods that would otherwise give you trouble digesting. Good food is meant to be enjoyed.
Stay present and keep your stomach happy.