Introduction: Our Commitment to Privacy
Information We Collect
Visitors may use our website without registering or submitting any personal information. In this case, we may collect non-personal information as explained below.
When visiting our website to order products, make requests, check your account, register to become a Consultant or register to receive materials, we will ask you to provide specific personal information. Personal information means individually identifiable information from or about an individual consumer, including name, home address or physical address, including street name and name of city or town, telephone number, email address and credit card information. This information is voluntarily provided on your part. It allows us to fulfill your order and otherwise operate our business.
- Information You Volunteer. We only collect personal information that you specifically volunteer while using our services. Your personal information is confidential and will not be provided to others except as explained in Our Use and Disclosure of Information section. You may always choose not to provide information.
Our Use and Disclosure of Information
- As explained above, we use the information we collect on our site to enhance your overall experience while visiting the site and to assist you in placing an order.
- Nature's Sunshine is a direct sales organization that distributes products through a network of Consultants. When placing an order through a Consultant, your order may be processed by the Consultant receiving credit for your order. In that case, personal information to process your order will be shared with your Consultant. We may provide information on a customer to one of our Consultants who may offer further assistance. Each customer may choose how to place an order and may choose not to be contacted when placing an order.
- We do not collect or use personal information for any purposes outside of customer service, website administration, online shopping and company communications. We will always obtain your consent before using personal information for any other purpose.
- Nature's Sunshine does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to any outside parties. We value our customers' privacy and will not jeopardize our relationship with customers by selling their information to solicitors.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Keeping personal information secure is a top priority. To prevent unauthorized access and to maintain data accuracy, we have implemented administrative, technical and physical safeguards to secure information we collect.
- To ensure a secure connection whenever transmitting or receiving personal information, Nature's Sunshine uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, a technology that systematically scrambles numbers and letters. The SSL automatically encrypts all information, before it is transmitted over the Internet, in a format that only the sending and receiving computers can decode. SSL ensures that information is protected from others. In order to proceed securely through the purchase process using this encryption technology, you need to have an Internet browser that supports 128-bit encryption, such as Microsoft Explorer. A secure connection is maintained until the checkout process is either completed or canceled.
- Nature's Sunshine maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect your personal information. We strive to comply with all applicable national laws and regional requirements. We also self-regulate the collection and use of personal information.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
We believe that it is important to protect children's privacy. Nature's Sunshine does not sell to children under 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Website under the supervision of a parent or guardian. We do not collect or maintain personal information from children under 13 years of age. Nature's Sunshine, in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, does not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13 years of age.
The United States Department of Commerce and the European Commission have agreed on a set of data protection principles and frequently asked questions (the "Safe Harbor Principles") to enable U.S. companies to satisfy the requirement under European Union law that adequate protection be given to personal information transferred from the EU to the United States. The European Economic Area has recognized the U.S. Safe Harbor as providing adequate data protection (OJ L 45, 15.2.2001, p. 47). Consistent with its commitment to protect personal privacy, Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc. adheres to the Safe Harbor Principles. http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Links to Other Websites
How to Update or Correct Information
To ensure that the information we have is accurate and current, we provide opportunities for you to review and correct your personal information through our Website and via the telephone.