How It Works
Xylitol looks and tastes like table sugar, but it’s a natural, low-calorie, low-carb substitute. Its remarkable properties stem from its unique molecular structure. Most sugar-like molecules have a six-carbon “hexose” unit. Xylitol is a five-carbon “pentitol” sugar. Because of its distinctive arrangement of atoms, bacteria cannot utilize it for energy. This chemical structure inhibits the ability of our bodies to fully metabolize it as well. For this reason, xylitol has a limited effect on blood sugar levels. Its low glycemic index of 7 makes it a terrific solution for carb-counters as well as those trying to lose weight.
Xylitol can be substituted for table sugar and other sweeteners without compromising taste or texture. It may take a few days for the body to become accustomed to digesting xylitol; until that time it is recommended that xylitol be gradually introduced into the diet over a period of a few weeks. Xylitol can be used to sweeten foods and beverages or in cooking and baking. Because xylitol does not ferment or crystallize, it cannot be used to replace table sugar in some bread and candy recipes. Unlike sugar, xylitol can be left on the teeth overnight. To obtain the maximum dental benefits of xylitol, use 4–12 grams each day.
CAUTION: This product and other products containing xylitol must not be given to pets.
100% pure xylitol without any corn residue.
Subscribe & Thrive with Nature’s Sunshine
Less Stress, Healthier Habits
- Convenient automatic deliveries
- Free shipping (one subscription order monthly)
- Save 25% on every subscription order
- Stress free, no obligation — Cancel or skip anytime
- Reminder emails sent before every shipment
- PLUS: Free Premium Membership
Premium Membership for Serious Savings
20% off everything, everyday, and more
- Save 20% on all regular price items
- Save an additional 10% on all sale items
- Free Shipping (one order monthly)
- Exclusive Premium Deals
- Early access to sale events
- LIMITED-TIME OFFER: Your 12 month Premium Membership is FREE ($40 value)