Clinically Studied, Serious Results
While others may say they have an innovative solution for your health needs, Nature’s Sunshine has actually put our program to the test through clinical scrutiny. The Hughes Center for Research and Innovation conducted an independently reviewed clinical study to show just how revolutionary the IN.FORM program truly is.
During a 90 day period, two groups of generally healthy individuals with key biomarkers indicative of metabolic health already within the normal range were monitored for improvement. Both groups followed diet and exercise recommendations but only the second group received the added benefit of the IN.FORM product protocol.
At the end of 90 days, the group who received IN.FORM products experienced median improvement in the following areas:
- 12% reduction in body weight
- 21.5% reduction of fat mass
- 51% reduction in triglycerides
- 15/10 mmHg reduction in blood pressure
(11% reduction in systolic and 12% diastolic)
- 18% reduction in total cholesterol
- 19% reduction in LDL ‘bad’ cholesterol
Comparison based on a range of reported data published by commercial weight loss programs in the U.S. Study participants experienced greater results with IN.FORM Supplements than with diet alone.‡
- 56% more weight loss
- 65% more fat loss
- 125% greater reduction in systolic blood pressure and
- 62% greater reduction in diastolic blood pressure
- 66% greater reduction triglycerides
- 129% greater reduction in total cholesterol
- 80% greater reduction in LDL ‘bad’ cholesterol
When compared to published studies on many popular, brand-name weight loss programs†, the IN.FORM program outperformed EVERY ONE in several key biomarker indicators including:
- Increased weight loss between 44%-123%
- Increased fat loss between 15%-233%
- Greater improvements in triglycerides, total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol
Comparison based on a range of reported data published by commercial weight loss programs in the U.S. See Reference section below for details.
At the end of 90 days, the median weight loss for those who received the IN.FORM products was 26 pounds of body weight and 17 pounds of fat!
References: Comparative data published by leading U.S. commercial weight loss programs
- Truby, H. et al. Randomised controlled trial of four commercial weight loss programmes in the UK: initial findings from the BBC ‘diet trials’. BMJ 332, 1309-14 (2006)
- Lee, K. et al. Efficacy of low-calorie, partial meal replacement diet plans on weight and abdominal
fat in obese subjects with metabolic syndrome: A double-blind, randomized controlled trial of two diet
plans – One high in protein and one nutritionally balanced.
Int. J. Clin. Pract. 63, 195-201 (2009)
- Treyzon, L. et al. A controlled trial of protein enrichment of meal replacements for weight reduction with retention of lean body mass. Nutr. J. 7, 23 (2008)
- Shaklee. A 12-Week Pilot Study to Assess the Safety and Efficacy of the New Shaklee Weight Management Program. At http://www.physicians.shaklee.com/displayContent.htm?fileName+weight_ loss.xml§ionName=shakScience
†Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol that include 2 grams per day
of phytosterols eaten with meals or snacks may reduce the risk of heart
disease. A serving of IN.FORM Whey, Pea or Soy shake supplies 2 grams
1. Metabolic Age Support Shake
2.IN.FORM Cardio Kit
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Benefits of The Hughes Center for Research and Innovation
Guided by Nature’s Sunshine’s Chief Scientific Officer, Dr. Matthew Tripp, The Hughes Center for Research and Innovation brings together experts from scientific and medical fields to pursue discovery and understanding of nutritional supplements. Our staff works hand in hand with the Nature’s Sunshine Medical and Scientific Advisory Board as well as the chemists, biologists and researchers at our Spanish Fork manufacturing plant to study ingredients and develop new formulations and testing methods.
Equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation, the multi-million-dollar Hughes Center allows scientists to analyze interactions between the body’s systems and nutritional supplements at a molecular level, thereby guiding discovery to the most bioactive and efficacious formulations.